Ask Jack: How can I save extra money for my retirement?

Ask Jack Jack Ehnes

Q: Can I put money into an account for CalSTRS similar to a 403(b) but also like a pension?

Yes, CalSTRS offers a voluntary defined contribution plan, CalSTRS Pension2. This voluntary, personal wealth program features low fees and expenses, no surrender or load fees while providing you the opportunity to invest in 403(b), Roth 403(b) and 457 plans to build additional retirement savings. Pension2 offers Easy Choice Portfolios or the option to build your own portfolio. To better understand how CalSTRS Pension2 can become an important part of reaching your retirement goals, take a few minutes to watch our informational videos.

To learn more about Pension2 plans and low fees, call 888-394-2060 or request an enrollment packet online.