Pension Sense blog | October 7, 2020
Whether you’re a new educator or in the homestretch of your teaching career, it’s a great time to review your Retirement Progress Report.
The Retirement Progress Report is an annual personalized overview of your CalSTRS account and benefits, including detailed information and resources for planning your financial future.
While reviewing your report on myCalSTRS, you can:
- See both your current and past reports, listed in chronological order.
- Ensure your information is correct. The facts and figures, such as years of service credit, ultimately will be used to calculate your retirement benefits.
- Select the Employer Detail screen to see a breakdown of your earnings, contributions, compensation earnable and service credit by employer and assignment.
- Review which benefit structure applies to you, your retirement benefit formula and your disability and survivor benefits coverage.
- Fill out the checklist near the end of the report to help track your benefits.
- Download, save and print your report.
If you haven’t done so already, register and activate your myCalSTRS account today. Your myCalSTRS account is an online resource to access and manage your personal information that’s on file with CalSTRS, plus it’s safe, secure and convenient.
You can opt to receive a mailed copy of your Retirement Progress Report by updating your delivery preferences on myCalSTRS or submitting the Retirement Progress Report Delivery Preference form.