Early Career Webinars
Attend a webinar
As a new CalSTRS member, we suggest the below webinars to get you started. Learn how to make the most of your CalSTRS membership below.
To protect our members in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have formatted our in-person workshops to online webinars. We are committed to providing the same educational workshops in webinar format so you can continue to take an active role in your retirement from the safety of your home.
We have updated our website security features. You must use a current browser to register for a webinar.
Did you know you have a defined benefit that can provide monthly income for the rest of your life?
Learn more about your CalSTRS benefits during our 2021 New Educator Event designed specifically for new educators.
Register now for both webinars and take an active part in your retirement.
My Retirement System
Start Saving Now with Pension2
Identify smart way to save more for your future.
Looking for a smart way to save more for your future? In this Pension2 webinar, you’ll learn:
- How much of your retirement income will come from your CalSTRS monthly benefit.
- Determine the gap between your CalSTRS benefit and your retirement income goal.
- See why it pays to start a 403(b) or 457(b) account sooner rather than later.
- Learn how Pension2’s Easy Choice Portfolios can simplify your investing decisions.
Learn how to make the most of your CalSTRS membership.
In this interactive workshop, you’ll learn:
- About your retirement.
- Survivor and disability benefits.
- How to calculate your retirement benefit.
- Why it pays to start a 403(b) or 457(b) supplemental savings plan sooner rather than later.
- The steps you can take now to increase your retirement benefit.
- Monday, January 25, 2021, 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 27, 2021, 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, January 28, 2021, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday, January 29, 2021, 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday, February 5, 2021, 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 25, 2021, 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Spend two hours with us and learn the techniques financial planners use to get their clients on the right financial path and more.
In this workshop, you’ll learn how to:
- Create a budget, looking at your “must haves” and “wants.”
- Read and understand your credit report.