ED17-04 Interest and Contribution Rates and Present Value Factor for Fiscal Year 2017-18
Supersedes Employer Directive 2016-07
The purpose of this directive is to communicate the following rates and present value factors for the Defined Benefit (DB), Defined Benefit Supplement (DBS), and Cash Balance (CB) Benefit programs, as set forth by the Legislature and as adopted by the Teachers’ Retirement Board:
- Member and Employer Contribution Rates — DB Program and CB Benefit Program
- Contribution Rate — DBS Program
- Regular Interest Rate — DB Program
- Credited Interest Rate — DB Program
- Minimum Interest Rate — CB Benefit Program and DBS Program
- Penalties and Interest Rate — DB Program and CB Benefit Program
- Permissive Service Credit Contribution Rate — DB Program
- Employer Contribution Rates for Elected Officials of Employee Organizations and Reduced Workload Program
- Present Value Factor for Unused Excess Sick Leave Service Credit
Employer Directives [ED] convey legal requirements and prohibitions and document CalSTRS policy for school district and community college employers.
For an accessible version of this directive, contact ADACoordinator@CalSTRS.com.