ED2018-03 Basic and Excess Unused Sick Leave
The purpose of this directive is to communicate the following information to employers:
- How unused sick leave is tracked
- The difference between basic sick leave and excess sick leave
- How and when to report unused sick leave
- The excess sick leave billing process
- The procedure for determining excess sick leave
- How to calculate the cost of excess sick leave
- The procedure for reporting educational leave and sick leave for state employees
Employer Directives [ED] convey legal requirements and prohibitions and document CalSTRS policy for school district and community college employers.
For an accessible version of this directive, contact ADACoordinator@CalSTRS.com.