Our Promise: California state employees giving at work
CalSTRS and the Department of General Services received a Collaborative Excellence Award in recognition of efforts and collaboration on the combined River Walk Fair for the 2016 Our Promise Campaign.
The award was presented to Anjum Keval and Matthew Eubanks during the Our Promise Thank You Event hosted by United Way California to celebrate the success of the campaign and recognize outstanding volunteers, agencies and departments on Wednesday, March 1.
During this event, Marybel Batjer, secretary of the California Government Operations Agency, received the Distinguished Merit Award and in her acceptance speech she remarked on how proud she was of the collaboration between CalSTRS and DGS. This recognition was only made possible due to the hard work and commitment of all the volunteers on the 2016 Our Promise campaign.
We also exceeded 2015’s contribution totals by four percent, with monthly payroll deductions totaling nearly $60,000 for the year. Thank you to all the donors for their generous commitment to community
2016 Our Promise outstanding volunteers
From left to right:
- Tabitha Angel, Our Promise director
- Jeffrey L. McGuire, chief deputy director for DGS
- Anjum Keval, CalSTRS 2016 Our Promise Campaign chair
- Kelli Miyata, DGS 2016 Our Promise vice chair
- Eric Rivera, DGS 2016 Our Promise Campaign chair
- Matthew Eubanks, CalSTRS 2016 Our Promise vice chair.