Attend a webinar or group benefits planning session
As a midcareer CalSTRS member, we suggest the below webinars and group benefits planning session. Learn how to make the most of your CalSTRS membership below.
To protect our members in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have formatted our in-person workshops to online webinars. We are committed to providing the same educational workshops in webinar format so you can continue to take an active role in your retirement from the safety of your home.
We have updated our website security features. You must use a current browser to register for a webinar.
Attend one or more of these webinars to get started on your secure retirement.
Explore your CalSTRS benefits and services with the help of a CalSTRS benefits specialist in a confidential, yet interactive, small group setting with fellow educators.
The CalSTRS and Your Retirement group session covers:
- Your personalized CalSTRS benefit estimates.
- Beneficiary options and how to leave a lifetime benefit to your loved ones.
- How to purchase service credit and what happens to your unused sick leave.
- Concurrent retirement—retiring from more than one California public retirement system.
- Considerations pertaining to health benefits, Medicare and Social Security.
Advance registration is required.
Simply call 800-228-5453 and select option 3.
Identify smart way to save more for your future.
Looking for a smart way to save more for your future? In this Pension2 webinar, you’ll learn:
- How much of your retirement income will come from your CalSTRS monthly benefit.
- Determine the gap between your CalSTRS benefit and your retirement income goal.
- See why it pays to start a 403(b) or 457(b) account sooner rather than later.
- Learn how Pension2’s Easy Choice Portfolios can simplify your investing decisions.
We get it. Planning for retirement is probably not at the top of your to-do list right now. That’s why we created the “My Retirement Benefits” workshop—to give you the information and tools you need now within a quick two-hour timeframe.
In this workshop, you’ll learn:
- How to calculate your CalSTRS monthly retirement benefit.
- How to calculate your retirement income gap and ways you can bridge it.
- The steps to take now to increase your retirement benefit.
- Tuesday, July 27, 2021, 2 p.m. to 3:30 a.m.
- Friday, August 6, 2021, 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 10, 2021, 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Monday, August 16, 2021, 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 19, 2021, 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday, August 27, 2021, 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Monday, August 30, 2021, 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
It’s not too early to start planning for your future. Have you thought about how you’ll be spending your days in retirement? Picturing specifics will help you prepare the best plan to accomplish your goals.
In this webinar, you’ll learn how to create an action plan for your retirement picture, how to identify your expenses in retirement and how they’ll likely change over time, about Medicare basics and Social Security offsets, and strategies for managing your current and future expenses.