Near Retirement Event
Understanding your CalSTRS benefits is important as you approach retirement. Register today for one or more of these webinars that will help you decide if it’s a good time for you to retire, the decisions you’ll need to make, what to expect in retirement, and how to protect your income once you’re retired.
Near Retirement: Learn and Discover
Retirement will be here soon. Are you prepared? As a CalSTRS member, you have access to valuable tools, resources and services assisting you throughout the planning and decision process. Register today and learn how to:
- Use the online tools found throughout CalSTRS.com and in your myCalSTRS account
- Understand and make use of your Retirement Progress Report
- Provide money for a loved one after your passing
- Estimate your future retirement benefit using our online calculator
- Friday, February 11, 2022, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Monday, February 14, 2022, 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday, February 18, 2022, 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 22, 2022, 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Thursday, February 24, 2022, 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Retire Now or Later
Are you trying to decide when to retire? Have you been offered a retirement incentive? If you’re comfortable with technology and want to better understand your retirement options and calculate your own retirement estimates, this webinar is for you. With the guidance of a CalSTRS benefit specialist, you’ll learn how to:
- Access CalSTRS’ online resources.
- Log in to your myCalSTRS account and access your Retirement Progress Report.
- Use the CalSTRS Retirement Benefits Calculator to generate retirement estimates.
- Determine if you can retire now or later.
You’ll be using myCalSTRS during this webinar, so be sure you’re registered and that your account information is up to date.
- Friday, February 11, 2022, 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Monday, February 14, 2022, 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Friday, February 18, 2022, 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 22, 2022, 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, February 24, 2022, 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Protect Your Future
Many retirees underestimate their retirement income and expenses. Being realistic, planning ahead and learning ways to mitigate common obstacles, including inflation, scams and rising health care costs, can help you make sure your money lasts throughout your retirement.
In this webinar, you’ll learn how to identify your income sources, ways to reduce the risks of underestimating your expenses and strategies for withdrawing your invested dollars. You’ll also get a step-by-step guide to choosing a financial professional.