Regular Board Meeting Agenda Items
All open board agenda items are live webcast, when held at CalSTRS Headquarters. The webcasts are then archived.
- Review of CalSTRS Funding Levels and Risks [Agenda Report] (November 8, 2018)
2018 review of CalSTRS funding levels and risks. Better understanding of how well the funding plan is expected to achieve its goal considering uncertainties related to investment risk, longevity risk and risk of declines in membership.
- Review of CalSTRS Funding Levels and Risks [PowerPoint Presentation] (November 8, 2018)
The presentation reviews: Measures of Plan Maturity and Volatility, Path to Full Funding, The Risk Environment and Risk Measures.
- Review of CalSTRS Funding Levels and Risks [Board Meeting Video] (November 8, 2018)
- This Regular Meeting item 7 begins at approximately the 27- minute mark.
- A second video of the item is a continuation of the discussion.
- Actuarial Valuation of the Defined Benefit Program as of June 30, 2018 [Agenda Report] (May 9, 2019)
The purpose of this item is to present the results of the June 30, 2018 actuarial valuation of the Defined Benefit (DB) Program, to adopt the normal cost rate for CalSTRS 2% at 62 members, and adopt the state supplemental contribution rate for fiscal year 2019-20.
- Adoption of Contribution Rates and Interest Rates for Fiscal Year 2019-20 [Agenda Report] (May 9, 2019)
Each year, the Teachers’ Retirement Board (board) is required to adopt interest rates and contribution rates that are used for the administration of the various programs. As per current board policies, the various crediting interest rates are tied either to the investment return assumption adopted by the board or interest rates on U.S. treasury notes.