Retired Educator Workshops
Attend a workshop or benefits planning session
As retired CalSTRS member, we suggest the below workshops and benefits planning sessions. Learn how to make the most of your CalSTRS membership below.
To protect our members in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have formatted our in-person workshops to online webinars. We are committed to providing the same educational workshops in webinar format so you can continue to take an active role in your retirement from the safety of your home.
We have updated our website security features. You must use a current browser to register for a webinar.
With your myCalSTRS online account, you can change your address and income tax withholdings; view and print your benefit statements and 1099-R forms; manage your direct deposit account; and update your one-time death benefit recipient. Be sure to register for a myCalSTRS account before the webinar at myCalSTRS.com. Need help registering an account? Watch the myCalSTRS registration video.
*You will need an updated internet browser to view the video.
As a retired educator, you have access to valuable CalSTRS tools and resources, including the and the Retired Educator page.
Many retirees underestimate their retirement income and expenses. Being realistic, planning ahead and learning ways to mitigate common obstacles, including inflation, rising health care costs and scams, can help you make sure your money lasts throughout your retirement.
- Identify your guaranteed and non-guaranteed income sources.
- Learn ways to reduce the risks of underestimating your expenses.
- Learn strategies for withdrawing your invested dollars.
- Get a step-by-step guide to choosing a financial professional.
Identify smart way to save more for your future.
Looking for a smart way to save more for your future? In this Pension2 webinar, you’ll learn:
- How much of your retirement income will come from your CalSTRS monthly benefit.
- Determine the gap between your CalSTRS benefit and your retirement income goal.
- See why it pays to start a 403(b) or 457(b) account sooner rather than later.
- Learn how Pension2’s Easy Choice Portfolios can simplify your investing decisions.