Verify your CalSTRS representative
We’ve received reports from members who believe they met with a CalSTRS representative when they actually met with an impersonator. If you’re asked to provide a copy of your Retirement Progress Report or Pension2 statement in order to assess your accounts, you’re not meeting with someone affiliated with us. Only CalSTRS representatives can provide you with accurate information regarding your CalSTRS Defined Benefit and Pension2® accounts.
All authorized CalSTRS representatives:
- Can provide a CalSTRS ID badge or business card.
- Have an email address ending in @CalSTRS.com.
- Have access to your CalSTRS and Pension2 account information.
- Do not provide refreshments at offsite events.
- Do not sell insurance products.
- Will never meet at your home.