Scheduled benefit payment dates are listed in the tables below. December direct deposit payments are made in January of the following year.
Mailing dates are determined by the State Controller’s Office, the check issuer.Download 2024 pay dates calendarDownload 2023 pay dates calendar
Payments are made in arrears, meaning the amount you receive each month is the payment for the prior month’s benefit. CalSTRS benefit checks are sent in the mail or electronically if you have direct deposit.
|Benefit month||Southern California ZIP codes beginning with 900–930 (and out of state) check mailing date||Northern California ZIP codes beginning with 931–961 check mailing date||Direct deposit date|
CalSTRS supplemental pay dates
|Benefit month||Southern California ZIP codes beginning with 900–930 (and out of state) mailing date||Northern California ZIP codes beginning with 931–961 mailing date||Direct deposit date|
Choose direct deposit
Direct deposit is safe and fast
- More than 90% of CalSTRS retirees choose direct deposit.
- It is safe, quick and reliable.
- It reduces the risk of your check getting lost in the mail, stolen or forged.
- If your check is lost, stolen or forged, replacing your check takes less time.
If your check is late
Benefit checks received by mail
- Contact CalSTRS if you have not received your check by the fifth business day of the month.
- Make sure we have your correct mailing address. You can update your address online at myCalSTRS or by filling out and submitting an Address Change Request form by mail.
Benefit checks received through direct deposit
- Your financial institution has until the close of the direct deposit date above to place the funds in your account. Contact your financial institution to find out what time your funds are placed in your account.
- Contact CalSTRS if you have questions.