Investment manager opportunities
CalSTRS is continuously searching for investment managers to manage a portfolio of publicly transacted securities in various sectors globally. As appropriate, CalSTRS will search the eVestment database to find public market manager(s) best suited for CalSTRS’ needs in the public securities space.
Managers interested in being considered for investment opportunities with CalSTRS should ensure that their information, including current contact information, is updated and complete in the eVestment database on a regular basis. Only managers whose information is uploaded into the eVestment database will be considered for investment opportunities. Managers with incomplete information may be omitted from searches.
Potential investment managers must satisfy the following minimum qualifications to be considered for investment opportunities with CalSTRS:
- Firm must have been in business at least five (5) years.
- Firm must have at least three (3) years of performance history for all investment strategies/products solicited to CalSTRS.
- Firm must have minimum assets under management (AUM) of $500 million.
- Any strategies/products solicited to CalSTRS must have minimum assets under management (AUM) of $100 million.
- Firm must be registered under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940; the firm must be registered as an investment adviser, bank, insurance company, or trust company.
Submit investment manager information
Submit required information at eVestment.
Investment adviser and consultant opportunities
CalSTRS is continuously seeking the best and brightest advisers and consultants to stay apprised of the latest ideas, research and innovative thoughts in the investment industry.
Advisers and consultants who are interested in being considered for future opportunities related to various aspects of managing a fund worth $300 billion in assets should provide information related to their qualifications and expertise through the Adviser Database.
Potential investment advisers and consultants must satisfy the following minimum qualifications to be considered for investment opportunities with CalSTRS:
- Firm must provide advising/consulting services related to the investment and/or financial industry.
- Firm must act as a fiduciary when performing investment services.
- The firm and its employees must not have, or potentially have, any material conflicts of interest with CalSTRS or any employees of CalSTRS.
- Firm must have been in business at least three (3) years.
- Firm must have at least three (3) years of experience in providing the investment services being solicited to or by CalSTRS.
- Primary/key individual(s) proposed for CalSTRS shall have at least one (3) years of experience in the investment services being solicited to or by CalSTRS.
- Firm must be able to provide a current list of at least three (3) clients (other than CalSTRS) including name, contact information, asset values, products/services clients utilize, and number of years in retention.
- Firm must be registered under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, if applicable.
Submit adviser and consultant information
Submit related information at the CalSTRS Investment Adviser Database.