Careers at CalSTRS
CalSTRS is the largest teachers’ retirement system and second largest public pension fund in the nation. A world-class financial services institution and state agency, our unique organizational culture emphasizes customer service, leadership and respect for our members and our colleagues.
- Join a world-class financial services organization proud to serve California’s public educators.
- Work for a diverse organization where every person and every background is welcomed and valued.
- Grow your career at the largest educator-only pension fund in the world.
- Increase your expertise in a variety of business areas, including investments, customer service and technology services.
CalSTRS strives to be an employer of choice. We provide an environment that cultivates new ideas and promotes employee success, including:
- Robust training and development program.
- High internal promotion rates.
- Award-winning staff recognition program.
- Wellness program and ergonomic support for employees.
- Dedicated workers and accessible leadership.
- High level of staff engagement.
Commitment to sustainability
Sustainability is central to CalSTRS’ culture. Our sustainability program encompasses resource conservation in the workplace and supply chain, employee engagement, and responsible investment practices.
Commitment to diversity
We are diverse. We span generations. We come from all areas of the globe. We excel because of our united talents.
CalSTRS is committed to providing a workplace in which all individuals are treated with respect and professionalism. By designing and implementing a sustainable, respectful culture at CalSTRS, employee engagement is promoted through a safe work environment where ideas are heard and backgrounds are honored.
Diversity is built into the very fabric of our culture and has connections to all of our Core Values, and is explicitly supported in our Strength Core Value: We ensure the strength of our system by embracing a diversity of ideas and people.