Retirement Progress Report: Going paperless
Yes. The Retirement Progress Report is now delivered online on myCalSTRS, unless you request to receive it by mail. If you wish to receive your report by mail, you can do so by changing your delivery preferences. If you would like to receive your report by mail, your request to continue delivery by mail must be received by July 1 of the current year for the report released in September.
Delivering the Retirement Progress Report online is an extension of our ongoing sustainability efforts to conserve environmental resources and reduce administrative costs.
At myCalSTRS you can view Retirement Progress Reports, account information, submit forms and update your information and preferences. Log in to myCalSTRS and access your account. After you log in, select View my Retirement Progress Reports.
- To view a report, select the appropriate year for the account type you want to review.
- Select the Glossary if you have questions about the terms used in the report for that year.
- Select Employer Details to review your annual contributions, earnings and service credit reported by your employers for that year. Employer details are not available for inactive members or for member accounts awarded in a community property settlement.
You have two options:
- Log in to myCalSTRS and go to Settings, then Your Profile. Scroll down to the Preferences section and select the Edit link next to the Notifications. Select the Retirement Progress Report check box to receive your report by mail.
- Download the Retirement Progress Report Delivery Preference Form or call (800) 228-5453 to request a form to be mailed to you. Contact Center agents are available 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Pacific Time), Monday through Friday.
- Mail your completed form to:CalSTRS
P. O. Box 15275, MS 85
Sacramento, CA 95851-0275Fax your completed form to (916) 414-5474.Hand deliver your completed form to a local CalSTRS benefits planning office.
If you would like to receive your report by mail, your request to continue delivery by mail must be received by July 1 of the current year.
It’s easy to register your myCalSTRS account.
- Go to myCalSTRS.
- Watch the myCalSTRS Registration Guide presentation for step-by-step instructions.
- Select Register Now and begin the guided process.
By viewing your Retirement Progress Report online, you are able to access it as soon as it is available – a month earlier than by mail. We’ll inform you via email when it is available online.
Accessing your Retirement Progress Report online will also help support our ongoing sustainability efforts to conserve environmental resources and reduce administrative costs.
If you would like to change your delivery preference, please do so by July 1 of the current year, to ensure your report is delivered by mail. If you change your preference after July 1, your change will take effect the following year.