A focus on stewardship drives long-term organizational stability to secure the financial future of California’s educators.
- We believe an enterprise based on sustainable values creates a blueprint for strong governance that protects the fund’s assets.
- We influence and lead on environmental, social and governance issues to mitigate risk and capture opportunities that contribute to sustainable economic development.
- We know sustainability depends on committed employees operating in an engaging culture.
- We actively manage risk and establish internal controls for the long-term viability of CalSTRS.
- We identify sustainability topics and report performance data as part of our commitment to transparency.
- We engage with a diverse group of stakeholders to understand their perspectives and build a culture of trust.