As part of the hiring process, you will need to read and sign a number of documents. Please review the documents listed below for newly hired CalSTRS employees with a temporary appointment.
- Email completed documents to the Pay and Position Control inbox (PayandPositionControl@CalSTRS.com) upon completion.
- During your first week of employment, you will meet with a personnel specialist who will receive the documents and answer any outstanding questions.
For accessible versions of files on this page, contact ADACoordinator@CalSTRS.com.
New to state employee appointment documents
- Designation of Person(s) Authorized to Receive Warrants (STD 243)
- Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9) - Print all pages of this four-page document.
- Employee Action Request (STD 686) - Print page 1 of this two-page document.
- CalSTRS Employee Emergency Contact Information (AD-1894)
- State Employee Race/Ethnicity Questionnaire (CalHR 1070)
- Military Service Information (CalHR-190)
- Authorization to Use Privately Owned Vehicles on State Business (STD 261)
- Member Reciprocal Self-Certification Form (PERS-EAMD-801) - Print page 3 of this five-page document.
- Prior Exempt Service Questionnaire (CalHR-004) - Print page 1 of this two-page document.
- Oath of Allegiance and Declaration of Permission to Work for Persons Employed by the State of California (STD 689)
- Annual Leave-Sick Leave/Vacation Election Form
- Direct Deposit Enrollment Authorization (STD 699) - Print page 1 of this two-page document.
CalSTRS policies and acknowledgement documents
- CalSTRS Employee Relationship Policy
- CalSTRS Zero Tolerance for Workplace Violence Prevention Policy
- CalSTRS Physical Security & Emergency Management
- Internet Usage Policy
- CalSTRS Sexual Harassment Policy
- CalSTRS Family Medical Leave Act and California Family Rights Act
- CalSTRS Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Information on Rights of Victims of Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault or Stalking