Transition to a low-carbon economy
CalSTRS recognizes that climate change presents a material and existential risk to society and the economy. We are committed to influencing public policies, engaging with companies and investing to promote an orderly transition to a low-carbon economy that benefits all.
CalSTRS has established practices to manage climate risk within our investment portfolio:
- Read how on a global scale.
- Understand how CalSTRS is investing for the future in our annual .
- Familiarize yourself with CalSTRS’ engagement activities over the last quarter.
- See in our investments.
- View CalSTRS’ investment beliefs that provide a foundational framework for investment decisions.
- Read CalSTRS’ on the importance of long-term, sustainable growth.
CalSTRS is also part of global coalitions seeking improved disclosure and action to address climate risk. CalSTRS is actively involved with:
- Climate Action 100+, a global investor initiative to ensure the world’s largest corporate gas emitters take necessary action on climate change.
- The Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures, a framework that enables consistent climate-related risk disclosures by companies.
- The Sustainability Accounting Standards Board, that is establishing disclosure standards across material environmental, social and governance topics.