As part of the hiring process, you will need to read and sign a number of documents. Please review the documents listed below for newly hired represented employees in bargaining unit 02 new to state service.
- Email completed documents to the Pay and Position Control inbox (PayandPositionControl@CalSTRS.com) upon completion.
- During your first week of employment, you will meet with a personnel specialist who will receive the documents and answer any outstanding questions.
For accessible versions of files on this page, contact ADACoordinator@CalSTRS.com.
New to state employee appointment documents
- Employee Action Request (STD 686) - Print page 1 of this two-page document.
- CalSTRS Employee Emergency Contact Information (AD-1894)
- State Employee Race/Ethnicity Questionnaire (CalHR 1070)
- Military Service Information (CalHR-190)
- Authorization to Use Privately Owned Vehicles on State Business (STD 261)
- Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9) - Print all pages of this four-page document.
- Member Reciprocal Self-Certification Form (PERS-EAMD-801) - Print page 3 of this five-page document.
- Designation of Person(s) Authorized to Receive Warrants (STD 243)
- Prior Exempt Service Questionnaire (CalHR-004) - Print page 1 of this two-page document.
- Oath of Allegiance and Declaration of Permission to Work for Persons Employed by the State of California (STD 689)
- Annual Leave-Sick Leave/Vacation Election Form
- Direct Deposit Enrollment Authorization (STD 699) - Print page 1 of this two-page document.
- State Miscellaneous & Industrial Members Second Tier Benefit Election Package (PUB 52) - Print and sign page 1, Receipt of Retirement Information Acknowledgement.
CalSTRS policies and acknowledgement documents
- CalSTRS Employee Relationship Policy
- CalSTRS Zero Tolerance for Workplace Violence Prevention Policy
- CalSTRS Physical Security & Emergency Management
- Internet Usage Policy
- CalSTRS Sexual Harassment Policy
- CalSTRS Family Medical Leave Act and California Family Rights Act
- CalSTRS Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Information on Rights of Victims of Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault or Stalking
New to state employee benefits information and applicable enrollment forms
- Health Benefits Plan Enrollment for Active Employees (HBD-12) - Print pages 1 and 2 of this three-page document.
- Dental Plan Enrollment Authorization (STD 692) - Print page 1 of this two-page document.
- Premier Vision Plan Enrollment Authorization (CalHR 774) - Print page 1 of this two-page document.
- Dependent Eligibility Verification Checklist
- CalPERS Health Program Guide
- CalPERS Health Benefit Summary
- 2021 Dental Handbook
- Vision Service Plan
- Vision Care Plan Disclosure Statement and Evidence of Coverage
- Flex Elect Program Handbook
- Savings Plus Program 401K/457 Plan Highlights
- New Employee's Guide to Workers' Compensation
- State of California's Employee Assistance Program
- Consolidated Benefits Handbook
- Paid Family Leave Benefits
- Legal Services Plan